As school has begun to cut down on the amount of time I can spend writing, I’ve begun to work on more short poetry as opposed to longer stories. If you’re in the same boat and struggling to fill up your journal, I hope these writing prompts help you get some poems down on the page!
1. Above all else, what do you want?
2. Write about your favorite season.
3. Rewrite your favorite song from another perspective.
4. Write a one-sentence poem that contains a question you don’t know how to answer.
5. If you weren’t writing right now, what would you be doing?
6. Write a poem about a painting.
7. Write about the last interaction you had with someone.
8. What was the last dream you had?
9. Write a poem from the perspective of your past self.
10. What have you forgotten that you wish you remembered?
If you try any of these journal prompts, I would love to hear it! And as always, keep writing!